Combining the richness of chocolate with the earthiness of zucchini and the sweetness of brown sugar, this recipe transforms a simple bread into an irresistible treat that satisfies both your health-conscious desires and your indulgent cravings.
With a preparation time of just 15 minutes and a baking period of 55 minutes to 1 hour, this recipe yields a 9″ x 5″ loaf of heavenly goodness. It expertly marries the wholesomeness of whole wheat flour with the luxurious allure of chocolate chips. Let’s delve into the delectable details that make this Whole Wheat Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe truly exceptional.
Perfect whole wheat chocolate zucchini bread recipe
Our Whole Wheat Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe offers a perfect blend of health-conscious ingredients and indulgent flavors. With the goodness of whole wheat flour, the richness of chocolate chips, and the earthiness of zucchini, this bread captures the essence of balance. So, when you find yourself with an abundance of zucchinis, embrace the culinary adventure and create this sensational bread – a true masterpiece that appeals to both your taste buds and your well-being.
The heart of this recipe lies in the thoughtful selection of ingredients. To begin, gather the following essentials:
Step-by-Step Whole Wheat Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe:
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F and lightly greasing a 9" x 5" loaf pan to ensure your creation doesn't stick.
In a generous mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, molasses or honey, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and Pure Vanilla Extract until the mixture achieves a velvety smooth consistency.
Gradually add the White Whole Wheat Flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and tantalizing cinnamon. Combine these elements until they merge harmoniously.
Now, gently incorporate the star ingredient – shredded zucchini – along with the decadent chocolate chips and the optional walnuts for a delightful crunch.
Your batter, now brimming with delectable ingredients, is ready to take center stage. Pour it into the prepared loaf pan, and let it nestle in.
Slide the pan into the preheated oven, allowing your creation to bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Test the bread's readiness by inserting a toothpick or cake tester into its center. A clean withdrawal, except for a potential trace of melted chocolate, indicates perfection.
Once baked to perfection, gracefully remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 to 15 minutes within the pan. Afterward, gently transfer it onto a cooling rack to continue its journey towards culinary excellence.
As your creation cools, it transforms into a masterpiece. Once completely cooled, slice it with care, revealing its sumptuous texture and irresistible aroma.
To preserve your masterpiece, ensure it's well-wrapped and store it at room temperature, ready to delight your taste buds whenever the craving strikes.
For those seeking a gluten-free alternative, this recipe caters to your needs. Replace the whole wheat flour with 2 cups (241g) of Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour. Adjust the baking time slightly, baking the bread for 60 to 65 minutes until the toothpick test confirms its readiness. Don't forget to ensure your vanilla extract is also gluten-free to maintain the recipe's integrity.
Serving Size 1 (72g)
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 210kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 11g17%
- Saturated Fat 3g15%
- Cholesterol 25mg9%
- Sodium 210mg9%
- Total Carbohydrate 27g9%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Sugars 15g
- Protein 4g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Tips from bakers
Crafting the perfect whole wheat chocolate zucchini bread involves a combination of technique and attention to detail. To ensure your creation emerges as a moist, flavorful delight, here are essential tips to follow:
- Zucchini Preparation: Thoroughly shred the zucchini and gently squeeze out excess moisture. This prevents the bread from becoming too wet and helps maintain the ideal texture.
- Ingredient Quality: Opt for high-quality ingredients, including fresh zucchini, premium whole wheat flour, and good-quality chocolate chips. The better the ingredients, the better the final result.
- Balancing Sweetness: Adjust the sweetness level to your preference by experimenting with the amount of brown sugar or honey. Strike a balance between the earthiness of zucchini and the indulgence of chocolate.
- Flour Consistency: When measuring flour, use the spoon-and-level method. Over-measuring can result in a dense loaf, so avoid packing the flour into the measuring cup.
- Leavening Agents: Ensure that your baking powder and baking soda are fresh. These leavening agents are crucial for achieving the desired rise and texture.
- Proper Mixing: Thoroughly mix the wet and dry ingredients, but avoid overmixing to prevent gluten development and a tough texture.
- Baking Time and Temperature: Follow the recommended baking time and temperature precisely. Use the toothpick test to determine doneness – a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean or with minimal chocolate smears.
- Cooling Gracefully: Allow the bread to cool in the pan for a short period before transferring it to a rack. This prevents it from becoming soggy due to residual steam.
- Storage Wisdom: To maintain freshness, wrap the cooled bread tightly and store it at room temperature. If it lasts that long, enjoy it toasted or as is, savoring the marriage of flavors with each bite.
- Personal Touch: Feel free to experiment with add-ins like nuts, seeds, or dried fruits for added texture and flavor dimensions.
By embracing these tips, you'll be well on your way to creating a perfect whole wheat zucchini bread that captures the essence of health and indulgence i