Looking for a delectable twist on traditional whole wheat bread? Our Easy Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread recipe is your answer! Packed with nutty whole wheat goodness and the irresistible warmth of cinnamon, this bread is perfect for breakfast, snacks, or anytime you crave a wholesome treat. In this article, we’ll guide you step-by-step through the process of creating this delightful recipe.
Easy Whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread recipe
By following these tips, you'll master the art of making Easy Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread. The result? A scrumptious, tender loaf that combines the earthy nuttiness of whole wheat with the inviting warmth of cinnamon, creating a symphony of flavors that will delight your taste buds with every slice.
Starter: Enhancing Flavor and Freshness
To kick off this recipe, we utilize a simple yet powerful technique: creating a starter. This starter, a mixture of cool water, White Whole Wheat Flour, and a dash of instant yeast, sits overnight to develop a slightly puffy texture and enhanced flavor.
While not a sourdough, this starter enriches the bread's taste and longevity, making it a staple in your baking repertoire.
The Dough: Nutty Goodness Meets Cinnamon Spice
Once the starter has matured, we add a medley of wholesome ingredients to create a cohesive dough. The combination of instant yeast, lukewarm milk, and a hint of orange juice, which mellows any potential bitterness in the whole wheat, contributes to the bread's softness and delightful aroma.
With butter for richness, salt for balance, and a touch of granulated sugar for subtle sweetness, this dough boasts a perfect harmony of flavors.
We incorporate Baker's Special Dry Milk and potato flour to enrich the dough's texture, ensuring a delightful chewiness that complements the nuttiness of whole wheat.
While this dough might feel slightly different from those made with all-purpose flour, its unique texture is a testament to its wholesomeness.
Filling: A Perfect Blend of Sweetness and Warmth
The heart of our Easy Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread lies in its cinnamon filling combined with raisin. A mixture of sugar, cinnamon, and a touch of Unbleached All-Purpose Flour creates a balanced blend of sweetness and warmth that will have your kitchen smelling heavenly. As you spread this mixture over the dough, you're building layers of flavor that will delight with every bite. Last but not least, raisin boosts the flavor into a whole new level with its slightly sweetness and sour, making you can’t stop but asking for more from a slice of this whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread.
Shaping and Baking: Bringing It All Together
After spreading the filling, it's time to shape your bread. Gently roll the dough into a long rectangle, brushing it with beaten egg to seal in the flavors. Sprinkle the aromatic cinnamon filling evenly and don’t forget to add your raisin into the dough to create an interesting texture and also enhance the flavor. Then roll the dough into a log, sealing the edges. Placed in a lightly greased loaf pan, the dough rises to a crown, reaching the perfect height for a fluffy interior.
As the bread bakes, your kitchen will be filled with the irresistible scent of cinnamon and warmth. After an initial bake, the loaf is tented with aluminum foil to ensure even cooking and a beautifully golden crust. A final internal temperature of 190°F guarantees a fully cooked, moist, and tender bread.
Why This Recipe Works: Balancing Flavor and Technique
Our Easy Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread recipe succeeds in harmonizing flavor and technique. The starter, though not a traditional sourdough, contributes a depth of taste that enhances the bread's overall experience. The addition of orange juice balances the nutty notes of whole wheat, ensuring a well-rounded flavor profile.
Moreover, the meticulous instructions guide you through every step, whether you're a seasoned baker or a novice. The combination of mixing, kneading, and rising times is optimized for the best results, yielding a loaf that's both flavorful and visually appealing.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 150kcal
- Calories from Fat 250kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 1g2%
- Sodium 141mg6%
- Total Carbohydrate 40g14%
- Dietary Fiber 7g29%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 7g15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*Good tips to note :
- Starter Success: Pay close attention to your starter's overnight rest. Allowing it to develop a slightly puffy texture enhances both flavor and longevity, contributing to a more wholesome and satisfying loaf.
- Flour Fusion: Blend White Whole Wheat Flour with a hint of orange juice for a balanced flavor. The orange juice mellows potential bitterness in whole wheat, resulting in a smoother taste.
- Layered Love: When spreading the cinnamon filling, ensure an even distribution. This creates layers of sweetness and warmth throughout the bread, giving each bite an aromatic burst of flavor.
- Sealing the Swirl: Roll the dough log gently but securely to seal in the cinnamon filling. This ensures a consistent swirl pattern and prevents gaps, yielding a beautiful appearance and uniform taste.
- Rise Right: Allow the shaped dough to rise just enough - about 90 minutes - until it's crowned over the pan's rim by around 3/4 inch. Over-rising may lead to an overly airy texture, so exercise patience.
- Golden Crust Care: While baking, tent the loaf with aluminum foil after 10 minutes to avoid excessive browning. This step maintains a golden crust while ensuring the interior cooks evenly.
- Internal Temperature Matters: Achieving an internal temperature of 190°F guarantees a perfectly cooked loaf. An instant-read thermometer is your best friend to ensure the bread is cooked through without being dry.